Read Scripture Guide for January 28th through Feburary 3
- Grab a Bible. If it fits your style, also grab a journal to write in.
- Which Bible version is best? The one you read! If you don’t have one, let us know! Print, Online, and Apps are available.
- Invite family or friends to join you.
- Pray! Ask the Holy Spirit to help you as you read. HE WILL.
- Check to see if there is a video to watch today
- Look up and read the assigned reading for the day.
- Look up the assigned Psalm that day: pray it out loud.
- Pray! Ask the Father to apply those readings to your life and to help you join Jesus where He is already working. HE WILL.
- Rally together each Sunday at Lindwedel Winery at 9 am with questions and discussion.
- Let's get started!!
Prefer a printable study guide? Click this button which contains our reading guide from now through the end of March. All the videos will be here, so check back each week!
Read Exodus 32-34, then Pray Psalm 28. One of the most important verses in the entire Bible is Exodus 32:14. In Exodus 33:17, Jesus makes an appearance (see Hebrews 1:1-3). As you read Exodus 34, glance at 2 Corinthians 3.
SKIM Exodus 35-40, then Pray Psalm 29. Before concluding Exodus, zoom in on 40:34-38 and note this same Glory is present inside our bodies (see 2 Corinthians 4)!
Read Leviticus 1-4, then Pray Psalm 30. In the Hebrew Bible, Leviticus is called “And He Called”. Remember as you read Leviticus, keep Galatians 5 handy. The purpose of all of these instructions was so that Israel would be HOLY (set apart) among the nations.
Read Leviticus 5-7, then Pray Psalm 31. Note Colossians 1:21-28 to see how holiness comes to us now: through Christ.
Read Leviticus 8-10, then Pray Psalm 32. Be sure to watch this video if you can, it has a powerful visual depiction of God’s plan for Israel in Leviticus.
Read Leviticus 11-13, then Pray Psalm 33. Again, it must be emphasized, do not think these kosher laws apply to us or are particularly helpful now. See Mark 7, Acts 10 and Romans 14.
Read Leviticus 14-15, then Pray Psalm 34. Consider the need for bathing, cleansing, etc. in order to be able to enter God’s presence. How amazing that Jesus does ALL of this for us, and then LIVES IN US!